OVER 100 YEARS OF HISTORY IN THE TIRE INDUSTRY
The beginnings of Cooper date back to 1914 in Akron, Ohio, when two brothers-in-law John F. Schaefer and Claude E. Hart formed a company to produce tire patches, tire cement, and tire repair kits. In 1915, Schaefer and Hart purchased The Giant Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, a tire rebuilding business, and shortly thereafter moved the business to Findlay, Ohio.
In 1926, Ira. J. Cooper developed the “Cooper Creed” which focused the company on providing “good merchandise, fair play, and a square deal.” The vision of Ira J. Cooper continues at Cooper today.