The transmission is the link between your vehicle’s engine and the wheels. Whether you drive a manual, automatic, or semi-automatic vehicle, the transmission plays a crucial role in the performance and reliability of your vehicle. The transmission keeps engine output matched with speed and load conditions. Because engines operate at high rotational speeds, the transmission reduces engine output speed and transmits torque through the differential, driveshaft, and wheels. As engine speed varies, the transmission switches between the gears which influence the amount of torque applied to the wheels. Transmission fluid performs various duties, depending on the transmission type. Transmission fluid acts as a cooling agent and protects the transmission by lubricating the internal gears and preventing corrosion and rust. In a manual transmission, clutches and gear shifts provide pressure and force—like engagement and disengagement—while in an automatic transmission, transmission fluid provides these same operational functions of force and pressure.
Tire Star offers reliable transmission repair services in Kendallville, Ligonier, and Wolcottville, IN, serving all of Noble County. Our experienced technicians are equipped to handle transmission issues for vehicles of all makes and models.
Our Transmission Repair Services
- Expert Transmission Diagnostics: Our skilled technicians use advanced diagnostics to accurately identify transmission problems and recommend appropriate repairs.
- Transmission Fluid Exchange: We offer transmission fluid exchange services to keep your transmission running smoothly and extend its lifespan.
- Transmission Repairs: From minor adjustments to major overhauls, we can efficiently repair and restore your transmission’s performance.
- Transmission Maintenance: Regular transmission maintenance ensures optimal performance and helps prevent costly breakdowns.
Trustworthy Transmission Repair in Noble County
Tire Star is your trusted transmission repair service provider in Kendallville, Ligonier, and Wolcottville, IN. We pride ourselves on delivering quality services and exceptional customer satisfaction. Visit our location for expert transmission repairs or contact us for more information.
Benefits of Transmission Repair
A faulty transmission can negatively affect your vehicle’s performance. Symptoms of an impending transmission service include grinding gears, difficulty shifting, slipping out of gear, bucking, and hesitation. Even if your transmission is in neutral, excessive noise is a sign of transmission problems. In a manual transmission, a dragging clutch, or a clutch failing to disengage from the flywheel, is another sign of transmission issues. When this occurs, the clutch continues to spin with your vehicle’s engine, and a grinding noise will occur. A burning smell sifting through the air vents signifies burning transmission fluid and an overheating transmission. Things that can negatively impact the life of your transmission include extreme driving habits and excessive loads or heavy towing habits. Because of the necessary pressure and force provided by transmission fluid in automatic transmissions, old, dirty, and unchanged transmission fluid can cause performance issues. As indicated by your vehicle’s manufacturer, regular transmission maintenance can help prevent transmission problems, but if you experience any of the above warning signs of transmission trouble, contact us today about transmission repair.
Transmission Repair Services We Offer
- Automatic Transmission Repair (approx. 90 minutes)
- Clutch Adjustment and Inspection (approx. 90 minutes)
- Clutch Replacement (approx. 360 minutes)
- Manual Transmission Repair (approx. 60 minutes)
- Transmission Replacement (call for estimate)